Saturday, September 12, 2015

# 2938. Play mini golf in Ohio

The one of things I wanted to do in Canton was play mini golf so I could continue to knock off states that I have played mini golf in. Since I knew I wanted to play mini golf in Canton, I planned ahead and found us a place not too far from the hotel. Online it looked like an old school mini golf course with windmills and other obstacles. Sometimes what you see online, is not what is reality. ProPuff Miniature Golf is in the corner of the Big Lots parking lot and no one was there. It looked closed and in disrepair. Strike 1.

Back to Google I go and found McDuffer’s Park Miniature Golf. We really couldn’t find it and again it didn’t look overly used. Strike 2.

This time I moved a little farther out when searching in Google. I found Rolling Greens Mini Golf in Uniontown about 10-15 minutes away. The reviews on Yelp were very good. One said it was the most challenging and unique course he has golfed. When we got there, there were cars in the parking lot and people golfing. A good sign.

We had an option of choosing between course 1 or course 2 for $6. At first we were going to do course 2 because there were less people. Then when looking at the courses, we decided to follow the people and golf course 1.

The reviewer was not wrong. The course was challenging and very unique. Besides the usual windmills and castles, there is this race track looking thing you had to get your ball around with enough momentum that it didn’t come back yet stayed on the course.  A lot of the holes didn’t have greens the entire way but cement. I found that odd. There are also several opportunities to test your driving capabilities since there is a real grass between the tee and the hole. Ever try driving with a putter?  It’s not as easy as it sounds. The hubby managed to drive it the 114 feet on the second driving hole but I had to chip it to the green.


The Windmill. 


The first driving hole.. not that big of gap

The second driving hole... 114 feet


This course was so challenging we never even totaled our scores. I remember that it took me at least 12 tries to get it in the hole. There was no one behind me so I kept trying. Despite the difficulty, I wouldn’t hesitate to go back and try it again. It is that much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment