Saturday, September 12, 2015

# 2942. Visit an ice cream parlor in Ohio

Besides wanting to have pizza in every state and play mini golf in every state, I want ice cream in every state.  Again I just don’t want Dairy Queen or Culvers. I want a local ice cream shop.

On our way to mini golf, we passed an ice cream stand with a good line. We figured we would stop on the way back. However once we got to mini golf, we found an ice cream stand, New Baltimore Homemade Ice Cream, there as well. We figured since there was a good sized line, we’d just get our ice cream after we golf.


Maybe we should have gone back to the other place. This was the worse ice cream I ever tasted. I ordered plain chocolate as I really didn’t like the other flavors. It didn’t have any taste. Occasionally I would get a hint of what tasted like Hershey syrup. It was almost if they tried to make chocolate milk using Hershey Syrup but didn’t put enough syrup in and then froze it. Even the hubby said his vanilla had no taste. Maybe I should have gone with blue moon.


Even though it lacked taste, it did not lack size. I ordered the kids size since I was still full from pizza and it was 2 scoops. What kid needs 2 scoops of ice cream, I don’t know.  I’m glad I didn’t order the small. The hubby had a medium sundae and it was filling…not as big as JDs but close.

My Kid's Cone


Next time we’re in Ohio and want ice cream, I’m sure we will not be going to New Baltimore. I will take Dairy Queen over New Baltimore. I will even take a vanilla cone from McDonalds over New Baltimore. When I googled New Baltimore Ice Cream when we got home, New Baltimore in Uniontown had 4 stars. I don’t know if we had a bad batch or if people in Ohio like bland ice cream, either way I’m not willing to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment