Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Quarantine Adventures: F-16 Flyover

When I heard that the F-16s were going to be flying over Theda-Clark in Neenah, I wanted to see them. The hubby wanted to see the as well.

The F-16s from the Wisconsin National Guard was doing a training mission where they would flyover various hospitals in the state to salute Healthcare Workers and first responders. They jets would take off from Madison and fly up the lake shore, down to the valley, up to northern part of the state, out to the western part of the state, and back to Madison, flying over many of the major areas' hospitals.



We were lucky. We could see them in Appleton (St. Elizabeth's) or Neenah (Theda Clark). We chose to drive to Neenah. The hubby parked in the lot near the hospital. There were other people waiting for the planes as well. Everyone was following social distancing rules.



You had about 5-10 seconds to see the planes before they were gone. Then you were them. They came from the northeast towards the southwest. 

It was very cool to see even if I didn't get any good pictures and my video, I forgot to hit record. 



I am glad they did this for all the healthcare workers and first responders. They are the ones on the front lines of this pandemic. Hopefully we wouldn't need to do another flyover but I really wouldn't mind seeing the fighters again.

No comments:

Post a Comment