Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Quarantine Adventures: Bingo Night

Authors have found ways to continue to connect with their readers whether it's a Facebook group, Zoom Sessions, or Q&A answer sessions. I discovered Brenda Novak a few weeks ago and joined her Facebook group. Every month she has a book club event on Facebook and everyone asks questions to the author whose book we read for that month. Well since the pandemic started, she decided to involve her husband and have a monthly bingo night. Yup Virtual Bingo. Sign me up.

Now I'm not a big bingo player mainly because I don't like losing money. I did play a few times at the Legion Post in Grafton with some of the old K-Mart gang when I still lived at home. However Bingo with Brenda was FREE. I like Free.  You could buy a Bingo kit with a cool laminated card, bingo markers, her latest book, and cool storage bag for $35 or you could sign up to play for Free and have your numbers sent to you via email. Obviously you know which option I picked.

I printed off my BINGO card, stuck it in a page protector, and was all set. I even grabbed the dish of M&Ms for markers. Tasty and useful. I told the hubby I needed to be home from seeing the fighter jets by 7 PM to play bingo. I was.



Bingo was great. We played 3 rounds. I didn't even come close to winning. It was a bit difficult to keep track of the numbers if you weren't paying attention because while Ted called the numbers, Brenda wrote them on a white board but could only write 5 at a time.




Yes there were actual prizes from Brenda.. books, book journals, and a surprise box. The first one to call Bingo in the Facebook Live chat (and was seen) was the winner. With the number of people playing it was difficult and additional comments in the chat, it was difficult for them to see the winner at times. Everyone did help everyone out. It is truly a fabulous bunch of women.



So now on top of my usual book club and my new Brenda Novak book club, I have added Bingo with Brenda and Ted to my monthly calendar at least through the summer. Luckily they are all on different nights. Maybe one of these times I will actually get Bingo.. doubtful but one can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment