Sunday, May 17, 2020

6475. Make a smoothie

One of the things that was on my 20 in 20 list was to make a smoothie. I'm not a huge fan of smoothies especially if they have bananas in them. The hubby, on the other hand, really likes mango smoothies from DQ, Culvers, and McDonald's. I figured there has to be a smoothie out there that I would like.

Walking through Walmart the other day, I noticed mangoes were on sale and joked maybe we should get mangoes to make smoothies. The hubby was like I will just pick up the pre-cut stuff at work. Much less work. Okay. Since we had to run to Pick n Save for milk for Grandma, I decided to check out yogurt prices since we didn't have enough Greek Yogurt in the house to make smoothies. After a quick recipe check, pick up some yogurt. Then we wandered down the frozen aisle and grabbed some frozen mango and frozen peaches. Guess this smoothie thing was becoming a reality.



I won a Ninja a few years ago that included smoothie making attachments. I decided to put those attachments to good use in making our smoothies.



I added the yogurt, some mango, some peaches, and a bit of honey. Then I let the Ninja do it's job. It was quite a site to see how the Ninja managed to blend all the ingredients together. It was quite noisy though.



After they were blended, I poured them into some glasses and grabbed the nifty straws that Alpha Xi sent me the other year.



Verdict

  • The hubby said it needed more mango. It was too yogurt-y for him.
  • Me -- I had more peach than mango but it definitely still had a yogurt flavor..
More fruit, less yogurt next time. He wants to try it with custard or ice cream in the future. Maybe I will make him a mango one and I'll try raspberry. I'm still not a huge fan but they are growing on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment