Saturday, September 15, 2018

I like Big Trucks.. yes I do

Stacy mentioned that they were going to be in Oshkosh for Touch-a-Truck and wanted to know if I wanted to meet for lunch. That sounded like a good idea. However, once I got to the Leach Amphitheater there was a slight change in plans which was okay by me. We grabbed lunch at the food truck there. Then I hung out with Riley as he told me all about all the different trucks.



Touch-a-Truck, which is put on by Oshkosh truck, allows kids (and okay adults) to get up close and personal with various trucks... military vehicles, police vehicles, fire trucks, construction vehicles, buses, semis.. basically anything that moves. It is free to be able to climb on, climb in, and gawk at some really big trucks. I always wanted to check it out and thanks to Stacy I was able to.



Riley being a master of all things that move was more than happy to show me around and explain what kind of truck I was sitting in. He could name each part and tell me what the vehicle was used for.





By far my favorite vehicles were the military and SWAT Team trucks. I just wish there was an old school mail jeep.





After exploring all sorts of trucks, we headed to the bounce houses and other inflatables with Bob, Tanya, and Jayden. Riley got a few minutes of bouncing while Jayden shot some hoops. There was plenty of inflatables to keep everyone happy... and lets kids burn off steam after all those trucks.

I would recommend anyone that has kids to bring them to a Touch-a-Truck event. There are hand outs, fun, and who knows maybe even some good food trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment