Saturday, September 8, 2018

Having Chicken and Donuts

After checking out the dinosaur museum, Stacy and I were hungry. Based on the options available to us, we decided to head to Mike's Chicken and Donuts. It sounded like an interesting place. We really didn't want anything too big and a donut sounded good.

Mike's Chicken and Donuts is a bar/restaurant type of establishment. They have a few tables in front plus a whole regular dining room in back plus some outside seating. I ordered my donut at the counter. Stacy was undecided and asked for a menu. We sat at a different counter table and eventually Stacy went back up to the counter to order a snack. They weren't overly busy so I'm not sure why someone didn't come over to take Stacy's order.



With the name of Mike's Chicken and Donuts, I was expecting an assortment of donut flavors. I was severely disappointed but then again we were there at three in the afternoon. There were about six different donuts available and there were basically raised donuts with vanilla frosting and various toppings. It was nothing special. Yeah so, you could get cereal on your donut. Big Deal. I had a root beer float donut. It was alright... very sweet. The "float" part on top was way too much frosting with root beer flavoring. I also had a caramel shake was nothing over the top.



Stacy had buffalo chicken wantons. She said they were dynamite. They had quite a kick with them. She actually was thinking of things to make with wanton wrappers.




Mike's Chicken and Donuts is famous for their Chicken and Donuts. It is exactly what it sounds like. It is a chicken leg on top of a sprinkle donut.  It is definitely unique but not something I would ever think of ordering. I am not one to mix breakfast foods with dinner foods besides I don't like chicken legs. Chicken and waffles is not really my thing either.. but it could be.



Would I go back to Mike's? Maybe. I wasn't overly impressed. The menu is small but their might be something I could find I like. The donut choices would have to improve for me to get another one. I can go to just about any other donut place and get a better selection. However, don't let that stop you from getting an order of chicken and donuts for yourself if you're ever in Kenosha.

No comments:

Post a Comment