Saturday, September 8, 2018

6428. Try macarons

Ever since Andrea took Danielle and I to Craverie Chocolatier Cafe after the Beer Run, I wanted to try a French Macaron. I keep seeing them made on the Food Network baking competitions but never had one. To be fair, I never actively sought them out either. The hubby cannot eat them either since most macaroons are made with almond flour.

At the Kenosha Farmer’s Market, there was a stand selling all sorts of yummy treats including macarons. Despite the slightly hefty price tag and the interesting flavors, I bought two – bubble gum and raspberry.
The bubble gum was overly sweet.


The raspberry was much better. However, they do need to be eaten the same day or they do get chewy and are not as good.


Honest opinion – they are good but not something I would crave. I would definitely buy them again but probably not at that price. However, I would want to try something like chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment