Thursday, June 18, 2020

Quarantine Adventures: Elin Hilderbrand Author Talk

Elin Hilderbrand is another one of my favorite authors. I read most of her books. When I saw she had a new book coming out this summer, I was excited. When I saw she was doing a virtual book event with the Enoch Pratt Free Library, I had to attend.

Unlike most of the author events I've been to in the past, this one was on Crowdcast -- another virtual meeting platform I guess. It was the first time I used Crowdcast and it wasn't any different I thought than Zoom.

Elin's book, 28 Summers, follows tells the story of two people who promise to come back to Nantucket every summer on the same weekend. Elin loved the movie Same Time Next Year which she based her book off of. I can't wait to read it.

Besides talking about her book, we learned why Elin moved to Nantucket... like everyone else she feel in love with the island. We learned how in second grade she was determined to read every book in the library and even wrote her own story which sits in her old elementary school library.



Then after Elin chatted for a while, she did a house tour. That was very cool. She didn't show us the whole house because she was in the process of remodeling. However we did she her fabulous kitchen with her huge stove. She was very proud of her stove. She also showed us her back yard with the gorgeous pool area and fence line. Her house was an old barn and it amazing to see what she has done with it.






Elin is also the first author I know that is going out and doing public book signing starting this month. Good for her. She is taking precautions and everyone has their own time slot. If I was in Massachusetts or Rhode Island I would totally go.

Okay this is the last virtual author event besides the Friends and Fiction weekly chat I have for a few weeks. I can say I'm not too upset by this. Sure there are a lot of virtual author events out there. I get an email daily from Harper Collins with their virtual events. I'm just not looking for any new author events at the moment. Life is slowly getting back to normal-ish and I want to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment