Saturday, June 20, 2020

6908. Listen to an audio book

I am not one to jump on technology as soon as it comes out. I tend avoid new-fangled ways of communication such a podcasts, you-tube videos, Tik-Tok, and Facetime. I do text and keep up on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter but that's about it. So when audio books became more mainstream, I just brushed them aside along with all these other technological marvels that I should be enjoying. To me audio books is something people listened to in the car or elementary kids did at a reading station. I prefer paper or e-books.

I am still not sure what possessed me to download my first audio book from the library. Maybe because the book I wanted to read was only available in audio book through Hoopla. Maybe I wanted something to listen to while walking the loop the lake. Maybe I was abducted by aliens.

I downloaded The German Heiress by Anika Scott. It's a post WWII book set in Germany. I was really excited to read the book. After 45 minutes of listening to the book while walking I was so confused by who was who and what was going on in the story. I could not follow along. This audio book was going to be the death of me.

However, as I continued to listen in the morning while doing my reports at work, I found the book to make more sense and the characters starting to take shape. I really enjoyed the book.

Since I really liked listening to an audio book to start my day each morning, I decided to start listening to them every morning. I found that lighter reads are much more easier to listen to so are books by Rachel Hollis. Anything that actually has a decent plot, set in Europe, read by an European or Australian causes me to miss a lot of book. Girl Gone Viral by Alisha Rai, Girl, Wash your Face by Rachel Hollis, and That Wedding by Jillian Dodd have been some of my favorite audio books in the last month or so. Next up is the Harry Potter series on audio book.

Haven't tried listening to an audio book? Most libraries have some sort of app that you can download e-books and audio books to your phone or tablet. I would recommend giving an audio book a try. You just might be surprised that it is a relaxing way to start your commute, work day, or wind down in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment