Saturday, February 3, 2024

Eating Donuts in Sheboygan

 One of my many bucket list goals is to have donuts in every state in the US and every county in WI among other things. Lofty goals I know. I mentioned this to Andrea and she was like you need to have a donut from the super secret donut place that you need to be a subscriber to obtain said donut. Lucky for me she was a subscriber. 

The super secret donut place is no longer super secret as it has a store front. Sunday Dough started as a home business and has moved to a store front. Andrea says you still need to be a subscriber to be able to pre-order. You can also take your chances of walking in and picking up some donuts but they are can run out. Sunday Dough is only open Friday-Sunday 9-2 or until sold out.

Sunday Dough has 6 core flavors: Lemon Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortcake, Maple French Toast, S'more, and Vanilla Sprinkle. There are also 2 flavors of the month. February's flavors are Cookie Butter and Hot Chocolate. Each donut is $4. To be honest there was literally 2 flavors I would have eaten -- S'mores and Hot Chocolate. I'm glad I didn't have to move outside of my comfort zone and try a "weird" flavored donut.

Because Andrea is a subscriber and we wanted to have ice cream for breakfast, she pre-ordered our donuts and picked them up. We both got Hot Chocolate which brioche dough filled with Hot Chocolate Ganache covered with more ganache and topped with mini marshmallows and whipped frosting. 

The donut was good. Was it $4 good? Not quite $4 good. Don't get me wrong it was delicious but I'm frugal. A $4 donut should wow me. It didn't Wow me. The brioche dough was very good and had an amazing texture. The ganache was a bit on the dark side.. even a bit dark for me. It could have used either more sugar or a slightly sweet chocolate (Less Cocoa percentage). 

Dollop of ice cream not included

There was not a donut from that list the hubby would enjoy. He is a basic donut kind of guy and even the vanilla sprinkle was too sprinkly for him. 

Would I eat them again. Heck yes.. as long as there is a flavor I would enjoy. I would definitely recommend if you are in the mood for an unordinary donut.

So far I've had donuts in 7 states and 6 counties. I wonder where my next donut adventure will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment