Tuesday, February 6, 2024

5368. Have a brat from Miesfeld's Triangle Market

 In case you didn't know, I am all about bucket lists and to do lists. I saw there was a new 100 Things to Do in Wisconsin book out last year. I was going to buy it but decided to check it out from the library instead. One of the things in the book was "Eat a Sheboygan Brat at Miesfield's." Andrea was like don't bother. They are disgusting. I still wanted to make up my own mind.

I asked the hubby if he wanted me to pick up Sheboygan Hard Rolls since I was literally driving by Miesfield's on my way to Andrea's for Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. He said no but to get some beef sticks. He wanted to try them. I figured I was there I should pick up some brats for lunch. Worst case scenario they were as disgusting as Andrea said they were and I'd have to find something else for lunch or mix them with noodles.

According to their website, they have 25 types of brats. I only saw 2 but I was in a hurry and didn't really look. I'm sure they did. I got the Grand Champion Brats. They were $4.49/lb I think. They looked really good.

They came wrapped in plastic and then butcher paper.

I tossed them in the air fryer for 8 minutes. The hubby likes his brats boiled. Ugh.. gross. I preferred grilling them. The air fryer is a close second.. I can get a good grill taste without grilling them. 

I didn't eat them right away and stuck them in the fridge for 2 days. Meal prep at it's finest.

I reheated one of the brats in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Usually I don't have a bun with my brat at lunch unless we have brat buns. I just cut it up and dip in ketchup (or mix with noodles). 

Verdict -- I ate almost the entire brat without noticing. It really didn't have a strong flavor which the hubby will like. I did get some flavor towards the end. I think they are just fine. It almost reminds of a brat I would find at a baseball game. I also will be curious if it tastes any different eating it fresh from the air fryer or not.

I would definitely get them again... along with the bacon and beef sticks. 

I would have to agree with Danielle Gay, the author of 101 Things to Do In Wisconsin, you should definitely try a Miesfield brat unless of course you grew up on true Sheboygan brats then maybe not. I will continue to try various brats throughout the state as each meat market has it's unique flavor of a simple brat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment