Saturday, February 10, 2024

5078. Go to Acoca Coffee in Appleton

 Heather and I did the West End Death by Chocolate this year. I gave her the option of coffee or root beer because one stop was Acoca Coffee and another was Stone Arch.  Heather said coffee as I figured she would. I always wanted to check out Acoca coffee anyways.

Acoca Coffee is on College Ave downtown Appleton. They are open 7-4 Wednesday to Monday and closed Tuesdays. They roast their own beans and brew each cup to order. They also are very welcoming to all people and identities. 

I ordered a raspberry and vanilla chai latte. Heather ordered a dirty chai. 

They gave us a number. We grabbed our chocolate and a table. They have high tops and low tables with plenty of seating. It is another great place to grab a cup of your favorite beverage and hang out.



They accidentally entered a strawberry and vanilla chai latte. I don't do strawberry so they made me the correct one. It was very good. I would definitely come back. I balked the price briefly (over $8) but then I remember the flavors are extra and it's a local business. It is definitely nice to be able to splurge on a $8 chai now and again. We just don't tell the hubby.

My only "complaint" is it seemed dark in there even with all the windows. I also noticed this at Copper Rock. I'm not sure if this is just a coffee place thing or I just like a lot of light. It is not creepy dark just more of a dark ambiance. Maybe that's how coffee shops are supposed to be or maybe it's just me. I'll just take my cup of chai or hot chocolate and go enjoy in the sunlight. Definitely no vampire blood in me.  

If you haven't check them out yet, grab yourself a cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment