Sunday, August 6, 2023

Fairyfolk Festival Fun

 Before our plans changed, Stacy and I looked at going to World of Faeries in Elgin, IL. Since that wasn't happening, I saw that Bookworm Gardens in Sheboygan was a having a fairy festival that same weekend. Since I had plans to meet up with Andrea, I suggested we go.

Fairyfolk Festival is Bookworm Gardens longest running festival. This is year 13. It runs 6 days at the beginning of August. Tickets are $8/advanced $10/door for adults. 

In addition to the usual fun bookish displays through the gardens, there were several fairy themed activities as well. 

There was wand making. Yes, anyone could make their very own fairy wand. They supplied all the materials. Warning: There is a reason the adults got to use the hot glue gun. I had a nice blister on my finger.


You could have made a fairy house to display. This was my favorite and realized I could totally make a fairy garden that the hubby would approve of. Project for winter?

Hidden in a small patio was a bubble dance party. Yup, I took part in a bubble dance party with my fairy wand. I'm not sure what a bubble dance party has to do with fairies but I was more than happy to dance like a fool. 





As you toured the gardens, you also could partake in a scavenger hunt. They hid 30 or so gnomes in the gardens. Your job was to find as may as you could for a small prize. I think we found about 15. There were various colors and sizes so it made it difficult.







Besides looking for gnomes, we just had fun exploring the gardens. I've been to Bookworm Gardens before but it's always fun to take fun pictures with all the bookish displays.








Fairyfolk Festival was very well done. There were other activities we did not partake in such as story time. I can see where it's been going on for 13 years. It's popular and fun. Check it out next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment