Friday, August 4, 2023

A Night at the Fair

 When the hubby got his invite to the Cal Ripken World Series, I planned on seeing a few friends for some adventures. It ended up being a lot of different fairs and festivals due to unforeseen circumstances which was okay by me. 

My first adventure was with Kris and her family. We hit up the Ozaukee County fair. Since the fair was going on and they usually go, it only made sense to head to the fair. I've not been to the Ozaukee County fair in years. I was probably still in high school or maybe in even middle school. It's been a while.

The Ozaukee County fair is one of the only free fairs in the state. The Ozaukee County fairgrounds are in Cedarburg. There is limited parking in a lot which you do have to pay for otherwise you can find a spot on nearby streets like most people do.

Once we got to the fair and had dinner (nothing special), we wandered into the exhibit hall to see if the kids had any art on display. T got 2nd place on his artwork. 

We then enjoyed looking at various projects. I learned anyone can enter and you don't need to be in 4-H, like I thought. Hmmm.. future bucket list idea?





Heather would have liked the National Park LEGO displays. She has most of them. I'd love to start collecting them but there is no room for them. 



I decided that my cakes and cupcakes would not look as good as these.

Then I finally got to cross "Milk a cow" off the bucket list. Okay so it wasn't a real cow but it looked like one. The udders were filled with water and you had to pull and squeeze just like a real cow. I did actually get some "milk" out of the udders. Maybe one day I'll actually get to milk a real cow.

Kris advised me we had to look for Mr. Pig. We eventually found Mr. Pig in the vendor hall. This used to be a great place to check out (and get free yard sticks). Now it's just a bunch of CBD people, a few window and bath people, and religious/political organizations. You can really skip this building unless you are looking for Mr. Pig.


You can't go to the fair without checking out the animals. And that's what we did. We checked them all out. Cows, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pigs, Poultry, and even some rabbits. 






It was walk your pig night at the fair.

I never knew there were so many types of chickens. Okay so maybe I did but never really pay attention.





No trip to the fair is complete without a cream puff. 

We did check out the midway. I really didn't want to spend money on tickets so I passed on the rides. The Ferris Wheel all lit up would have been fun though. Maybe next time.



I had a great time at the fair. Hopefully it wouldn't be 20+ plus years before I get back again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment