Friday, August 18, 2023

5277. Go to Christmas Tree Ship Point in Algoma

One of the ways I find interesting places to visit is playing on Google Maps by zooming in and out along my route or in a specific city I am planning on visiting. This is how I discovered Christmas Tree Ship Point in Algoma. I find the stories of ships on Lake Michigan fascinating so I decided before meeting the girls for wine tasting, I would stop and check out Christmas Tree Point.

Christmas Tree Point is located off the boat launch in Algoma. There is a parking lot. 

I was disappointed in Christmas Tree Ship Point. I was expecting, and I don't know why, to be able to see a Christmas tree ship wreck. The wreck is actually between the bridges up river. 

Algona was home to many Christmas tree captains and crew. One ship, Lady Ellen, was built in Algoma. Her final resting place is up river between the bridges.

Christmas Tree Ship Point does have a few signs telling about the history of Christmas Tree Ship Point as well as the Wisconsin Maritime Trail. 

Even though there is not much to look at in regards to Christmas Tree Ships, the view of the lighthouse and lake is worth the stop. It is a quick stop before or after checking out the winery especially if the weather is nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment