Friday, June 9, 2023

6913. Make pizza on the grill

 I've always wanted to make pizza on the grill. When the girls decided we should do pizza on the grill for our monthly get together, I was game. Danielle had a new grill. I said I would bring the crust. Turns out I ended up bring the sauce and cheese too. We had plenty of cheese to share.

Not quite sure how to make pizza on the grill, I resorted to Google. Google informed me to put the crust on the grill grates for a few minutes and flip it over. Then add the sauce and toppings. This way the crust gets done on both sides. It also suggested to pre-cook any meat since the pizza will take only a few more minutes once the sauce and toppings are on.

I made the curst at home. Instead of splitting it into 2 balls, I split it in 4 balls. Then I flattened out the dough between parchment with my hands. We transferred the dough to the grill, flipped it upside down on the grill, and removed the parchment paper. It worked really well. I was a bit concerned about the transfer process but it worked better than expected.

When the crust was done, we flipped it over and added the topping. Piled with cheese and other toppings, we cooked it for a few minutes. If we wanted the cheese extra bubbly and the toppings done more, we moved it to the top rack of the grill. 



The pizzas turned out really well. I would totally make them again. Just make sure your grill racks are clean. The hubby thinks we could do it on a pizza stone but you don't get the grill marks of a grilled pizza. We shall see if the hubby ever decided we will make them at home or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment