Saturday, June 24, 2023

5147. Go to the Sundrop Museum in Shawano

 The Sundrop Museum has been on my bucket list for awhile probably since I have heard of it. I don't think I ever heard of Sundrop before moving to the valley. Being in Shawano, it's close but requires some planning. Even mom and dad beat me to it. I made it a priority when planning the Shawano County Library Road Trip.

The Sundrop Museum is really known as Twig's Museum and Gift Shop. It is open Monday-Saturday til everyday to 5 except Saturday when it is 3. It is free to visit. 

Heather and I got there at 4:52 so we didn't have much time to explore the museum. I browsed the first room while Heather had to go back and get some change for me to make a pressed penny. We just bought a case of soda each. 




The hubby and I made a second trip up there a few days later because I didn't buy enough of the right flavors of soda. We actually took time to go through the museum fully this time. 

The museum is several rooms of Sundrop Soda Memorabilia. I can't even begin to describe everything that is in the museum. Sundrop has been around for almost a century and bottling in Shawano since the 1950s.  You just have to go and check it out yourself. There is a lot of neat stuff.












During operating hours, you can actual watch them bottle Sundrop and the Twig sodas. When the hubby and I were there, it was a not a bottling Saturday. Some Saturdays in summer, they do bottle. 




The tasting station was not open for tasting when we were there. I still want to try the blue raspberry and cream. 


In the store you can purchase Twig and Sundrop soda by the bottle, 4 pack, and case. I bought a case both visits. The hubby and I decided we need to make more runs to Twigs since it is only about an hour away. The soda is very good and most of it is caffeine-free. The black cherry is my favorite. They do make a good lime as well. Lime is hard to find.

If you are in the Green Bay or Shawano area, take time to stop at Twigs to check out the museum, taste some soda, and pick up a case or two. It is well worth the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment