Thursday, June 22, 2023

5085. Go to the Evanswood Village Shops in Weyauwega

 The amount of billboards advertising the Evanswood Village Shops is no where near the amount of billboards for Wall Drug but when they say things like Free Wine Tasting and Free Jerky, one does take notice. I've been wanting to stop at Evanswood Village Shops for years. I knew the hubby had no desire and I really never found a reason to stop by myself. When planning the Waupaca County Library trip, I put them on the list. We had to do some back tracking but we squeezed them in.

Evanswood Village Shops are located on Highway 10 just outside of Weyauwega. It is pretty easy in and out from the highway to get to them. They are open 10-6 Wednesday-Sunday. We thought they were only open to 5 so we only thought we had about 15 minutes to explore.

There are about a half of dozen or so stores to peruse. With our limited time, we only hit two of them: Sweet Pickle Gramma's Fudge & Gourmet Foods and The Wild Wine Company. We did not go to Lucky's, Puddy's Dreams (both antique shops), Shirts and Giggles, a Furniture Store, plus one or two others I can't remember.


Sweet Pickle Gramma's Fudge is your place for fudge samples and other tasty treats.  We browsed but did not buy as we felt it was a bit pricy. The truffles weren't too bad but none of them really screamed my name. 


They did have a wide array of sweet treats. One day I'll buy myself a chocolate frog. Maybe when I get to Harry Potter World.




Because of the name, there is going to be a lot of pickle flavor items including cotton candy and fudge. Neither of which came home with us.


Our other stop was the wine store. It was more of a liquor store that had everything under the sun but in no real order. They do like their moonshine. 


I did sample a couple wines (not bad) and Peanut Butter Sipping Cream Moonshine. Heather that got. It was very tasty. 


I did pass on trying the Pickle Vodka though.. only because I was driving. It intrigues me enough that I will try it one day.



I would have liked to checked out the other stores but due to time, this was all we managed. I'm sure I'll find another random road trip that gets me there. They are worth checking out when you have some time if you are in Waupaca or even Appleton. It's only about 20-30 minutes from Appleton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment