Friday, December 11, 2020

4955. Sit in the swings at Beanie’s in Port Washington

 When I saw that Beanie's Mexican Restaurant in Port installed swings at the bar, I wanted to sit in them. Sitting in a a swing at restaurant is always an adventure. The only other time I did it was when I was in Costa Rica at work.

Because it made sense to stay over in Saukville the night before cookie baking weekend, Kris and I decided we needed some girl time. We decided to grab an after work drink. Initially she suggested margaritas at Tellos. I suggested since we were having margaritas, let's go to Beanies. 

When I got there, she already snagged a table and I asked if we could sit in the swings at the bar instead. She agreed and we hopped on the swings and had ourselves a margarita while catching up.

Beanie's has a wide range of margaritas. There were several that looked good. I opted for prickly pear and Kris went with Sunburnt Senorita, which also sounded good. They also have a margarita flight -- 4 margaritas (original, strawberry, blended, and prickly pear). One margarita is enough for me. Not sure I could do a flight.

Now before you chastise me for getting a drink at a bar during a pandemic, I just got over it and Kris (and her husband) was comfortable with meeting me for a drink. When we arrived, there was no one else in the bar area. We both were masked except while actively eating or drinking. When another couple came and  sat at the bar, they left a swing between us. Even the swings kept distance between Kris and I probably more so than sitting at a table.  The bartender did not hover behind the bar while we were seated. We probably were in there an hour and felt very safe. 

I would definitely go back and try another margarita. The swings are a definite must do. No I didn't fall off but after another one, sitting in a swing could probably prove difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment