Saturday, February 15, 2020

260. Take an old-fashioned sleigh ride

When I saw that Fox Valley Driving Horse Association was going to offer free sleigh rides in Hortonville, I made sure to mark it on my calendar. Stacy and I tried to do this in December but there wasn't enough snow and we had wagon rides. Luckily we just had about 6 inches of snow a week ago and cold temperatures to keep the snow on the ground. Sleigh rides for all.



Danielle and I headed to Grandview Golf Course. After dropping off our can goods, we got our tickets and got in line. We arrived shortly after it started and it wasn't as busy as I expected. There was a short wait but they had multiple sleighs going. We probably waited about 10 minutes if that.



We were in a smaller sleigh pulled by only one horse and it was more of wagon than a sleigh but since it had runners and not skis under the wheels, it was definitely a sleigh in our book. I was kind of hoping for an old fashion bobsleigh but I won't complain. There were jingle bells on the horse and a horsehair blanket so definitely an old-fashion sleigh ride.



The ride lasted about 10-15 minutes and went around the golf course. It was a bit windy but it was still a beautiful day for a sleigh ride. We even saw a bald eagle.






There were many families there. It was a great family event that created some great memories. It is not every day that you can get pulled through a field on a horse drawn sleigh.

Hopefully Fox Valley Driving Horse Association will offer more of these events in the future and maybe just maybe one day the hubby will get to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment