Monday, February 24, 2020

Sock Gnome Fun

Facebook told me the monthly Monday craft at Little Chute library is making gnomes. The pictures looked adorable. I need to go. Luckily the hubby had a game so it was perfect. I even managed to drag Danielle along.



We get to the library about 15 minutes after it starts. Little Chute Library craft night is drop in so no registration is usually required and you can get in and out rather quickly. I shocked to see that all the tables were pretty full. Usually there is a handful of people.

Danielle and picked up our supplies.. a grey sock, a colorful sock, some yarn pieces, a cup of rice with wooden nose, and some glue dots. Then we found some open seats and one of the librarians came over to give us directions.



The directions are pretty simple.
1. Pour rice into grey sock after taking out the nose for later use and tie it off.
2. Fold sock over the knot.


3. Glue yard to folded sock to make a beard using glue dots. Warning -- Glue Dots are as sticky as all get out. 


4. Add colored sock for a hat and glue on the nose.


5. Untwist the yarn to fill out beard.


6. Add accessories. I waited to get home to add my accessory. Danielle opted for no accessories. We could have made them Irish gnomes with shamrocks, rainbows, and pots of gold. I wanted a Brewer gnome.



I now have a cute gnome sitting on my computer at work.



I am so glad that Kimberly-Little Chute Library offers the drop in art activities on the fourth Monday. I don't have to sign up and if my schedule allow it I can drop in and create a cute project. If I don't feel like going, I don't have to. I will keep dropping in as long as they have this program and time allows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment