Tuesday, August 8, 2017

#826 Put My Initials in Wet Cement

When I mentioned to Danielle that I liked that we can always find something to do that didn’t require any money usually arts and crafts at the library, she mentioned that she had an art-like project coming up that involved sprucing up her house with concrete. I wanted to know if I could write my initials in it and she said sure.

Danielle mentioned sprucing up her house, giving it curb appeal, and playing with concrete and I thought we were fixing the sidewalk to her front door or something equally tedious. I should have known better… we were making drain spouts.



This project was a whole lot easier than I envisioned.

Danielle mixed together some Kwik-Crete.



We poured it into some paint trays and spread it out but not too thin and up the sides to give it the shape of a drain spout.



Then we added colored gems and stones to make it pretty.


Can you find the hidden word??



Once it dried a few minutes, I scratched my initials in the wet concrete the best I could with the still watery concrete and all the stones.




Danielle let them dry over night and now she has some spiffy drain spouts.




She has enough concrete left for some more fun projects.. maybe I get to leave my mark again. And who knows one day I will get to leave it in real cement on a driveway or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment