Sunday, September 4, 2016

#529 Ride an ATV

The hubby comes home from a game one night last week and asked if we had any plans for the weekend. I told him I was going to shred papers and cut rags but other than that the calendar was free. He said Nubby invited us up to his cabin on Sunday. Since we had no other plans, we decided to go up there. Nubby’s cabin is north of Pickerel… almost to Mole Lake in Langlade County about 2 hours from here.

When we got up there, I notice 2 mini pink ATVs. I’ve always wanted to ride an ATV but I was afraid these were too small as they for his granddaughters, T’s girls. As the girls were tearing through the yard and up the driveway on their ATVs, I mentioned to Nubby I’d never been on one. His son-in-law, K, kept his ATV up there as well. Even Nubby’s mom who had a cabin a few doors down, had her own ATV. K’s ATV was brought out when the girls ran out of gas.



Nubby must have seen my longing face and told the hubby to take me for a ride. Since we didn’t have helmets, the hubby made a few laps around the yard and up the driveway. We were going quite fast around the yard. After a few laps, the hubby decided that was enough. Nubby told him to take it down the road.
East Shore Drive is quiet road that is ATV Friendly. We passed several ATVs on the way to the cabin.




Because we didn’t have helmets and I was riding on the back, the hubby kept the speed down. Riding on the back of an ATV was tough. I had to lean forward to wrap my arms around the hubby but then my back ached. If I sat straight up, I couldn’t get my arms all the way around him.


The creek we passed while riding

Despite not being a completely comfortable ride, it was fun and I’d do it again… next time with a helmet so we can go faster and maybe on a trail so I can get muddy and dirty because I heard that is the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment