Monday, September 5, 2016

Stadium Tour 2016: Target Field

After we finished dinner and I finishing up the dishes on Wednesday, the hubby asked if the Brewers were in town on Monday. I checked the schedule, they were home against the Cubs. The hubby wanted to sit in the bleachers and I looked at ticket prices and nearly died… $40 for bleachers. Then it dawned on me, the Brewers were playing the Cubs and they jacked the ticket prices. We could get nose bleed seats in the upper deck for $35. I was willing to pay little more for decent seats but the hubby wasn’t entirely sold on spending $65-$70 a ticket.

Then he asked if the Twins were home. I checked and they were home against the Royals. Ticket prices were much more reasonable -- $20 for home plate view. We found a cheap hotel and I texted my co-worker to make sure she was ok with me taking Tuesday off. She was. Because it was cheaper to see a Twins game in Minneapolis with a hotel than it was to go to the Brewers/Cub game in Milwaukee, we bought tickets and booked the hotel… off to Target Field we were going.



The easiest way to get to Target Field is by taking the Metro since it literally drops you off at the Stadium… no walking involved. We picked up the Train at the Mall of America and rode it the entire way to the Stadium for only $3.50/person for unlimited rides on Monday. If we wanted to walk around the Vikings Stadium or see the Gopher’s Stadium we could and not have to pay additional fare. It was cheaper to ride the train than it is to park near the stadium and there are no traffic headaches.



We picked up our tickets at Will Call, which at Target Field was any ticket window. That made it nice… no traipsing around the stadium looking for 1 window specifically for Will Call. A friendly usher explained how to get to our seats because we were unsure of what gate we needed to go in. A quick jaunt through security, a short elevator ride to the top, and we were up by our seats.




Honestly, I wasn’t impressed with our seats at first. I thought they were too high and the speakers were right by our head not to mention a guy’s head blocking my view of home plate. I had a headache before the game even started. The view was good though. Once the game started, the speakers weren’t as annoying and my headache ceased. The hubby scooted down a seat and I had a better view of home plate without Mr. Bighead in my way.





The game ended up being a blow-out. The Royals won easily. Dozier for Minnesota had 3 home runs and that was almost all of their runs. At first I was concerned when he hit his first one that the Twins were going to win but the Royals put together a couple nice innings and were leading 6-4 going into the 8th when they broke it open. The final was 11-5.



After the 7th inning stretch, we decided to go down to the main level and check out the rest of the stadium especially since the hubby was getting stiff. The view from the lower deck was amazing. We actually stood in along the rail on the first base side and watched the rest of the game. I would get seats down here next time or maybe up one level. We even got our picture taken with their mascot while checking out the plaza area.
Even though the ball park was very family friendly, I didn’t see a designated kids’ or family area like Cincinnati and Milwaukee have. It might have been on the 2nd deck since we didn’t explore that level. I
always like to see what fun things I could do if I wasn’t with the hubby as he isn’t into all the hoopla… he’d rather watch baseball.







In the course of the last month, I’ve seen three Major League Baseball games at three different stadiums. I’ve seen an interleague game, a National League Game, and an American League Game. 3 stadiums, 6 different teams, and 1 from each league plus interleague, I would call that a success. 2 of the stadiums were in my Top 5 Stadiums I want visit (Fenway and Target Field). Now the hubby decides we should plan future trips around what stadiums we can get to. 5 down, 25 more to go. I’m not sure what the future brings but I’m pretty sure there will be more stadiums to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment