Monday, July 25, 2016

#255 Ride in a Police Car

I figured I would cross riding in a police car off the bucket list the same way I crossed ride in a fire truck off the bucket list -- by having someone take me for a spin around the block or parking lot since the hubby knows a few cops. However that was not the case. My ride was a bit longer than a spin around the block and didn't even happen in Wisconsin! 

One of the umpires at the regional tournament was a cop on the town's department. Because of all the rain delays, we had an early start on Saturday morning. The hubby and I were sitting around the umpire's room trying to stay cool when Deputy Dawg walks in asking if we wanted to go get donuts. Deputy Dawg has a unmarked Durango for a squad car. The three of us take his car to go get donuts. The hubby got the front seat and I was in back. Let me tell you if the hubby wasn't such a Ford guy, a Durango would be on my short list of new car possibilities. That back seat was way more comfortable than my Escape. 

Yes that is a police car. 
You would never know until he turns on his lights and sirens

So after stopping at the local donut place, Deputy Dawg figured we had enough time for a tour of the town. We saw the hospitals, the airport, the parks, the rich neighborhoods, and few good places to eat. We were probably gone a good half hour. It was definitely an unique way to get a tour of the town. The only thing I wish once we were back at the park, he would have turned on the lights and sirens. I'm sure if I asked he would have.

I'm hoping that will be my only experience riding in the back of a police car. And IF I would happen to find myself riding in a police car again, I'm almost positive it will not be as comfortable ride as I had. I don't plan on finding out either. So for this good girl, my tour of town in the back of an unmarked Durango will be the closest thing I will ever get to riding in the back of a police car. 


No comments:

Post a Comment