Thursday, January 15, 2015

#6191 Read all the Nicholas Sparks Books

I am over halfway through reading all of his books. Out of his 19 books, I have not read 7. I just finished The Longest Ride My friend gave me it for Christmas. It was the Kindle version. I have a Nook but I do have a Smartphone which I quickly downloaded the Kindle app to. Since I was in the midst of reading another book, I let this one sit for a few weeks until I had some time to pass while the hubs was busy schmoozing it up with fellow officials.


Once I started it and really got into it, I could barely put it down. It was nice having it on my phone as I could read it anyway. I finished the bulk of it in 2 days.

The book is about two couples journeys -- Ira and his late wife Ruth and Sophia and Luke. Ira is injured in a car accident in winter and reflects back on his life with the help of his wife's ghost. Sophia and Luke meet in the fall after Sophia's roommate drags her to a bull riding competition where Luke is competing. Their path cross and despite their different backgrounds, they fall in love. Ira, Sophia, and Luke's paths eventually cross and in an unusual turn of events, Luke and Sophia carry Ira and Ruth's memory on.

Based on the synopsis, I knew that Sophia and Luke would eventually cross paths with Ira but with how the story is told it was never clear until towards the end of the book and then there were still a few twists and turns. 

I have enjoy all of Nicholas Sparks' books that I have read but this has to be one of my favorites. Now to decide which one will be next.

1 comment:

  1. I love Nicholas Sparks' books too. Read this one - loved it.

    ReplyDelete