Monday, January 26, 2015

#5575 Eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company

This weekend while we were at the Mall of America, the hubs and I had dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

And just like Forrest says: Fried Shrimp, Shrimp Kebab, Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp Alfredo....

There is a lot of shrimp choices and other options such as fried chicken as well. The hubs had a hard choice deciding what to have. I am not a big shrimp fan but wanted shrimp so I had pretty much was going with fried shrimp or coconut shrimp.

We started off with Bubba's Far Out Dip. It was an artichoke, spinach, roasted red pepper dip. I don't do artichokes and I am not a big fan of spinach but this dip was great. The roasted red pepper really made it extra tasty.

For dinner I had the shrimp. Normally I start having issues about half way through my order of shrimp because of the taste. I had no issues and ate all 8 of them. I wish I ordered the coconut shrimp because those probably were just as good. If we ever get back to Bubba Gump's I will have the coconut shrimp. I probably got the hubs cole slaw which was fine because I was the one who was going to eat it anyways.


The hubs ordered Forrest's Seafood Feast. It included Southern Fried Shrimp, Beer Battered Fish, and Seafood Hush Puppies. I wasn't a big fan of the seafood hush puppies (I tasted the okra) but the hubs loved them. It was a lot of food and he couldn't even finish it all probably because he had lunch 2 hours earlier.

My favorite part of the restaurant was all the Forrest Gump references. The drink and drink choices came on a ping pong paddle. If you wanted your waiter/waitress you flipped the sign to Stop Forrest Stop instead of Run Forrest Run. There were sayings from the movies written on the table. The movie was playing in the bar. 

This dining experience definitely exceeded my expectations. I liked it better than Joe's Crab Shack. I didn't feel that Bubba Gump was overly touristy while Joe's was just a tourist trap restaurant. The only thing that I was disappointed in was the bathrooms didn't fit have a Bubba Gump/Forrest Gump theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment