Saturday, May 4, 2024

24 in 2024 -- Try a new cocktail -- Kentucky Mule

 I have always wanted to try a Moscow Mule mainly because I think the copper mugs are cute. Okay so probably not the best reason to try a drink. Apparently I'm more interested in the glass than the actual drink This has back fired on me. Alas.. I digress. 

We met the hubby's buddy for dinner at Stone Yard. It was Derby Saturday and they were having a drink special called a Kentucky Mule. Sounds like a Moscow Mule so it probably comes in the copper mug. I order it not even knowing or caring what it was in it. 

It turns out a Kentucky Mule is just a Moscow with Bourbon instead of Vodka. According to Liquor.com it is Bourbon, Ginger Beer, and Lime Juice. Bourbon probably is better for me anyways, since Vodka makes me loopy. 

The Kentucky Mule was good but not worth the $7.50 price tag. This is why I don't normally order drinks when I go out because I think anything over $5 is expensive. I could barely taste the bourbon which made it nice and smooth going down. 

It was actually the perfect drink to sip while watching the photo finish of the Kentucky Derby.

A Kentucky Mule sounds easy enough to make. I may have to pick up some ginger beer when we go to Twiggs next time.  I definitely would make one a home or for girl's night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment