Sunday, April 28, 2024

24 in 2024 -- Visit at least one new brewery -- Bare Bone Brewery

 When I was talking to Danielle about this book challenge Brenda Novak is doing, I told her I wanted to do the things WI is famous for -- Beer, Brats, Cheese, and Packers. She said I should go to Bare Bones Brewery in Menasha with her. I always wanted to check it out but not being a big beer drinker and the hubby isn't a beer drinker at all, it is difficult sometimes. 

Bare Bones Brewery in Menasha is actually just a Tap Room. Their main location is in Oshkosh. The tap room is open Wednesday-Sunday. Hours vary by the day of the week. It is located right downtown. There is street parking or the ramp/lot behind the buildings.


Bare Bones has a dozen different beers on tap. There are 3 regulars -- Dog Daze, Amber Ale, and Oshkosh Lager.



Danielle had a buy 1 get 1 free coupon from some Menasha establishment passport otherwise we might have done a flight. I am either a sour or shandy kind of gal. I've started to figure out what I like. We both decided to go with Dillion -- a fruitier beer. That was a great idea until the tap ran out and she didn't have to another. So I randomly picked Bare Bones Switfy's Irish Red. 

I decided I am not a fan of Irish Reds. It tastes too much like beer. I didn't even finish it. If I had more time, I might have nursed it and finished it. However, the quarter of a pint was starting to get to me and I had to drive home. 



Water to the rescue. Good old Menasha Tap Water.

Our lovely bartender did give us the glass of Dillon since it was too much beer to waste. The Dillon was actually very good. I would have finished that pint no problem but I had to drive so I left most of it for Danielle.

Bare Bones is a lovely place to hang out. It has regular bar seating but it also has some couches for more comfortable seating. It is actually the perfect place to hang out on a rainy Sunday afternoon. There were a few TVs with the hockey game as well as the Brewers game on.

There is a small brewing operation in the tap room as well.

I will definitely be back and I might even have to take Stacy the next time she is town. It is definitely worth checking out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment