Wednesday, March 8, 2023

1769. Go to the US Smallest Post Office in Ochopee

 I am not sure how I stumbled upon it but I discovered the US Smallest Post Office is in Big Cypress Preserve along US 41. Of course we were going to check it out. 

The US Smallest Post Office is located in Ochopee, FL just an hour from Fort Myers. It is located about 2 minutes from the Nathaniel P. Reed Visitor Center in Big Cypress National Preserve

It is open Monday-Friday 8-10 and 12-4 and Saturdays 10-11:30. I seriously thought we would be there during that two hour break when they were closed but due to the unforeseen circumstances, we actually got there shortly after 12. 

The Post Office is a white-washed building no bigger than a shed but it is an operating post office. For $1 (domestic) or $2 (international) you can buy and send a post card from there. I sent one to me and one to Andrea. 




It is definitely worth the 5-10 stop to get a picture, buy a post card, and chat with the postmaster. The hubby got a kick out of it and I'm glad we stopped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment