Sunday, December 4, 2022

Celebrate Krampustag

 One of the many Christmas events that popped on Facebook in the last month, was Krampustag at the Bavarian Bierhaus in Glendale. Stacy marked she was interested in it. Since I Glendale was technically on my way home, it made sense that we would go after we got our cookies made.

Krampus is a troll looking creature in Central and Eastern Alpine folklore of Europe who, during the Advent season, scares children who have misbehaved. I really didn't know what Krampus what. I figured he was like St. Nicholas. He is actually quite scary looking. Before we Googled Krampus, I was like why are there trolls. I associate trolls with Norway. 

Krampustag was from 11-6. We got there about 1 and there wasn't much going on. We picked up lunch of Nuremburg Sausages and a giant pretzel. The food was good but I didn't eat my sausages on bun. The sausages were a lot bigger than we remember what Nuremburger sausages. The pretzel was nothing special except it was the size of my head.


I did try Guhlwein. It wasn't bad as far as spiced wine goes. It helped once I put the orange slice in my wine. 


They had several beers as well but there was no way I could drink a 1/2 liter or liter of beer and drive home.

St. Nicholas and Krampus was walking around.



There was an accordionist playing until when it was time to set up for the band at 3. 

Honestly it was nothing special. It was neat to see Krampus. Maybe after 3 when the band stands and they tap the beer, it would get more livily. Stacy actually told her husband not to come and she'd take a bus back to the south side. There were no real activities for kids. There was some cornhole outside but that was about it. It definitely need something more action.

Would I go again? Maybe. If I was in the area and there was nothing else going on, I might go check it out to see if it improved or not. However, if you want to see what Krampus is all about, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment