Sunday, May 22, 2022

Book Signing: Ben Lancour

 I love meeting authors. Okay, I prefer to hide in the back and not actually talk to them when they sign my book but whatever. I've seen and met R.L. Stine, Debbie Macomber, Christina Baker Klein, Patricia Polacco, Mary Kubica, and many local authors. Usually it is at an schedule author event through a book festival, library, or bookstore. I never expected to meet one at a baseball game.

As Heather and I walked into the T-Rats game, there was an author with his book. Ben Lacour, a gym teacher in Green Bay, was promoting his book Henry and the Gym Monster. A bit unusual but not completely odd. Gym class and baseball both involve physical activities. It makes sense.

Henry and the Gym Monster is a picture book about Harry who doesn't listen or follow directions and blames it on an invisible monster who continues to grow with every bad choice Harry makes. Harry has to figure out how to make the monster shrink. It is an adorable picture book about making the right choice.

I did not buy the book but Heather did. I read it though. Ben Lancour explained the book and why he wanted to write a gym class book to us. He also signed Heather's book.  

The ballpark is not where I would expect to find an author but I'm glad I had the opportunity to discover this book. You never know where you are going to find a new author or book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment