Friday, May 27, 2022

6860. Make mojitos

 Danielle and I thought about doing mojitos for our day of dead party in October. It's kind of hard to make mojitos without rum. A few weeks ago, I got the brilliant idea of doing a summer kick of happy hour and having mojitos. Danielle readily agreed and we decided appetizers and mojitos on the Friday before Labor Day.

After a few Pinterest searches and conversations with people, I opted to make raspberry mojitos. I prepared the simple syrup before I left so all we had to do was add the other ingredients when I got to Danielle's.

How to Make Mojitos.. or attempt to at least

  1. Muddle frozen raspberries, mint leaves, and lime juice together. Okay so I didn't have a muddler so we used a spoon. Works the same. We didn't have enough mint leaves so we tore them..


2. Add tonic, rum, and simple syrup. Mix. If using a pitcher make sure you put the lid on so you can filter out the mint leaves or use a straw.

The mojitos were good but just need to use a straw or a strain out the mint leaves. They look pretty but don't taste real good.

Besides mojitos, Janis brought a crostini bar which was amazing. She brought 4 different types of dips/spreads along with veggies, cheese, and sauces to put on the toast. Using the bean dip, apple sauce, and pistachios, you could get a crostini that tasted like apple pie. Now I don't care for bean dip or pistachios but that was a great combination.

I made Cuban Sandwich wanna-bes on a stick. Instead of using ham, I used chicken to accommodate dietary needs and either gouda or cheddar jack instead of Swiss since we aren't big swiss fans. They went over very well. 

It was a very low key relaxing evening after a busy couple of weeks for everyone. It was a gorgeous evening to sit outside and catch up with a tasty drink and yummy niblets. I have a feeling this will become an annual thing. Now just to perfect that mojito recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment