Friday, July 30, 2021

5378. Go to Wisconsin Logging Museum in Eau Claire

 When the hubby first told me the schedule for the Ohio Valley Regional Tournament in Eau Claire, games weren't going to start until like 4 on Thursday and he had meetings starting at 1. I started looking for something to do to fill my time. The hubby really isn't good at sitting around either. After looking through the bucket list, I came up with a couple museums. They both opened at noon and were located in Carson Park. THEN the schedule changed, less teams were coming but that meant more games. I told the hubby I where I wanted to go and he could come if he wanted. He opted to go with me but we went the next day when he had a break in games.

The first museum we checked out was the Wisconsin Logging Museum. Inside the museum you learned about life in a logging camp and the history of logging of Wisconsin.



Outside you are able to tour different buildings of a logging camp as it would have been in the 1800s. There was a blacksmith shop, bunk house, cook shanty. 





And no trip to a logging museum is complete without Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. 

The Wisconsin Logging Museum was very informational. It was well done and you actually learned a lot about the logging industry. 

Hours are Thursday-Sunday 12-4, June-September. Admission is reasonable at $8 and $4 for kids. 

It is definitely worth the stop while in Eau Claire. You don't need more than an hour or so but definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment