Wednesday, March 6, 2019

AP US Mini Golf Tour 2019: Phoenix, AZ

Casey's Sports World

I picked up a Groupon for mini golf for Casey's. Reviews weren't bad on Groupon. They weren't on TripAdvisor. We stopped Sunday night after dinner.

What a dump!!! There were people using the batting cages but no one golfing. The lighting was very poor on the mini golf course. It was very worn and needed a good paint job. 



However, it was an old school course so there were some challenges. 



We got to hole 9 of 18 and couldn't figure out where our ball was to come out. It was like it was going to disappear into the barn never to be seen again. After about 5 minutes, we discovered that our ball came out at the bottom of the little hill. We teed off and continued on our way.



I had a horrible night golfing. I don't know if the clunky club or the course. The hubby slaughtered me. I did better on the back 9. 

I never felt completely unsafe but it was kind of creepy. I'm glad the hubby was there with me. We still have 2 batting cage tokens to use there. 

The hubby 1  Me 0 

Castles N Coasters

Driving to Maryvale for baseball today, the hubby was like do they (meaning castles n' coasters which we were driving by) have mini golf. I was like yes. We detoured to Castles N Coasters to play some mini golf. There were just opening for the day.

Castles n Coasters is a theme park with water rides, roller coasters, arcade games, and four mini golf courses. We saw it last year and decided it was crawling with too many people for our liking. However, at 10 AM all the teeny boppers are still in school and we pretty much had the place to ourselves.



After debating which of the four courses we wanted to do, we struck out to tackle course 3. It was a challenging course with many obstacles and old school challenges. The courses are interwoven so you need to follow the color of your course. It had several courses where how you hit your ball and which tube it went down determined where your next shot would be.






Even though it was challenging, I did have a much better game but the hubby did not. I beat him by 2. 



It helped that I had 2 holes in one.



We will definitely hit this course up again and try one of the other 3 courses we haven't tried yet.

The hubby 1 Me 1

Where will our mini golf tour take us next. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment