Saturday, September 12, 2026

26 in 2026 -- Try at Least One New Coffee Shop -- The Daily Grind

 When I realized we were going to spend part of the morning in Dubuque, I started searching for a donut place so I could cross off Iowa on the list of states I had donuts in. It turns out that there aren't any true local donut places in Dubuque or least that I could find. I did stumble across the Daily Grind which coffee, donuts, and breakfast sandwiches. It was a logical choice.

The Daily Grind, LLC is located just west of downtown. If you weren't looking for it, you may miss it. They are open 5:30-1 daily. There is a small parking lot. It also some seating indoor and outdoor seating. 

They have donuts, pastries, pizza, and breakfast sandwiches. I wanted my donut so I ordered a donut but then I saw what I thought was a bacon and pepperjack cheese sandwich on a croissant. So I got both. There were a lot of good options. Stacy got a similar sandwich but on waffles instead. 

One of their fall drink specials was a chai latte with a cherry cold foam. Yes please. 

My drink was amazing. I loved cherry cold foam. It like made the drink.



Stacy said her drink was the perfect amount of sweetness.

To my slight dismay, my sandwich came with egg. This should not have shocked me because besides me who just has bacon and cheese on a breakfast sandwich. The egg was a real egg, not the folded kind from McDonald's so I could deal with the texture better. The sandwich was delicious. The pepperjack gave the sandwich just enough of a kick. The croissant was nice and flaky. Absolute perfection.

Stacy thought the waffles made her sandwich a bit too sweet.

I took my donut to go with plans on eating it later. It sat in Stacy's car the entire trip. I did finally eat like 2 days later. It was fine. Nothing special but it was also a 2 day old donut. Maybe fresh it would have been scrumptious. 

This place was so good we came back a second day. I highly recommend The Daily Grind if you are ever in Dubuque and need your coffee fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment