Friday, April 5, 2024

5038. Paint something at Catch Fire Creations in Menasha

Thanks to a post on Facebook, I discovered a new artsy place I had to visit. During the month of March you could painting 3D printed Easter Eggs for a dollar each. Unfortuntately I didn't there in March but Danielle shared an adopting a bee project for April. I was game and we met up at Catch Fire Creations to paint some bees.


Catch Fire Creations is in downtown Menasha between a liquor store and brewery. It is a paint your own object place except all the objects are 3D Printed. I'm saying object because they have animals, planters, and things like wine bottle holders. They are open Tuesday-Saturday 11-7 and 10-3 on Sundays. Prices vary based on the project. Our bees were $5 and that included a vial of wildflower seeds.

The process is pretty simple. You pick out what you want to paint from the store and pay for it. Then you gather your paint and brushes. They have a wide variety of colors.. like a whole wall. Some were even glitter glue to make your creation sparkle. They also had ribbons, fabric, pom poms, etc. to decorate with your creation with. 

Once we had our paints, we got to work. It was not as easy I thought it would be to paint a small plastic object. My lines were not perfect so the colors are not perfect. It is a total Amy project.


The bee was harder than the hive. I didn't realize the "feet" looking things were actually his wings. I initially painted them yellow. Oops. Eventually I figured it out and painted them black along with some stripes. My bee definitely looks like he got into a fight.



After we were done painting, either a color or the entire thing, they had these hand held fans to dry the paint quicker which was nice. They were also heavy duty dryers in the back in if you needed them.

We probably spent about 30-45 minutes painting our bees. The bigger the object or the more detailed you want to be, probably will take you longer. 


Catch Fire Creations is a perfect rainy day activity for kids or adults. They are definitely worth checking out. I may have to paint the axolotl next time. I can't wait to see what May's project will be. It sounds like they have a monthly project every month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment