Tuesday, April 23, 2024

World Book Day Book Swap

 World Book Day is April 23. It is the perfect holiday for me. What makes it even better is free books. When Danielle asked I wanted to meet her at Heckrodt for a book swap for World Book Day, I was figured I could knock out my walk, get some fresh air, and get some new books. Not that I needed any books.

Heckrodt Wetland Preserve honored World Book Day with a Book Swap. They said Take a book, Leave a book. It was simple enough. 

They had several baskets of books set out for you to peruse. I brought 3 books with that I figured my book club would not enjoy. I did find 3 books to bring home with me. The hubby probably won't be happy if he finds out but gotta love free books. 


After swapping my books, I hit the nature trail. I did a 1.5 mile loop through the preserve. The deer were not active but I did see some birds and this grass snake that I nearly stepped on.





This was a great idea. It got people out of the house, books got exchanged, and people were able to enjoy nature. I hope they do it again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment