Sunday, March 17, 2024

6877. Have corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick’s Day

 When our friends invited us to their St. Patrick's Day dinner, we had to accept. The food and company would be good. 

The menu consisted of corned beef and cabbage along with Irish Stew just in case no one liked Corned beef and cabbage. Neither the hubby nor I ever had corned beef and cabbage. We aren't big on St. Patrick's Day. However, I was more than willing to try it. 

The corned beef was slow roasted on the stove for 4-5 hours. Then the carrots, potatoes, and cabbage was added. That cooked for about another hour so. Then the meat was shredded. It was nothing fancy but smelled amazing. 



The Irish Stew went in the oven around 8 and we couldn't look at for 6 hours. It made the entire house smell amazing. Unfortunately I couldn't snag a recipe because she didn't follow one.

Both the corned beef and the Irish Stew were amazing. The corned beef was really tender and not tough at all. The carrots and potatoes were cooked to perfection. The cabbage was alright. I won't go crazy eating it but it wasn't bad.


The Irish Stew had such a deep flavor that I could eat it all day. The hubby really liked the Irish Stew.

No St. Patrick's Day Celebration would be complete without some Irish Whiskey. Since I was still on antibiotics, I mixed mine with the ice cream punch and it was perfect. I am not one to sip alcohol anyways. I'd rather have it in a cocktail.

For my first taste of corned beef and cabbage, I couldn't had a better meal or company. Our friends really put on a great dinner. I am sure we will go back again next year if invited. 


No comments:

Post a Comment