Sunday, January 21, 2024

7148. Have Dom Pérignon

 When Erin was cleaning out her apartment, she discovered a bottle of  Dom Pérignon that her husband received. We said we would help her drink that. 

It turns out it was a bottle of  Dom Pérignon from 1998, the year I graduated from High School. That bottle runs about $380 according to Google.

Danielle did the honors and uncorked it. There was no big splash. I was kind of disappointed. 

Of course, being 25+ years old we had to do the sniff test to make sure it still smelled okay.

Then we had some mimosas. Yes, we used  Dom Pérignon to make mimosas. Even Erin added a splash to her orange juice to say she had  Dom Pérignon. 

We probably should not have used  Dom Pérignon to make mimosas but drink it straight up like it was supposed to be drunk. But when you have the choice between  Dom Pérignon and regular champagne, we reached for the  Dom Pérignon. 

I did finish the last bit of the bottle straight. It was very dry. I'm glad we used it in the mimosas as I probably could not have drunk a whole glass of that dry champagne. 

No one was dressed to the nines. We were all comfy.. me in a leggings and a hoodie. And we drank  Dom Pérignon. I'm sure there are people rolling around in agony that we "abused" since fine champagne but as Erin said "when are ever going to have it again." This was as good as any to break of out the good stuff.

Would I spend $200+ on a bottle of champagne. The cheap stuff works just fine for me. However, if someone is going to gift me (or one of my friends) a bottle of  Dom Pérignon, I will be more than happy to indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment