Thursday, April 13, 2023

6842. Try a cruffin

 Cruffins, Croffles, and cronuts are fabulous creations of the bakery industry and quite popular right now. I want to try them all. 

A Cruffin is a hybrid of a croissant and a muffin. It is essentially a croissant made in a muffin tin. It can be top and/or filled with a filling. So I was on the hunt for a cruffin. 

Seth's Coffee Shop in Little Chute where I have book club has an amazing bakery case full of wonderful treats. I told the hubby if Seth's had a sweet treat for dessert, I will bring one home from book club. I was not disappointed in the selection Seth's had. They had plenty of options to choose from but the one that caught me eye was the Salted Caramel Cruffin. 

I bought a Salted Caramel Cruffin. It was about $5. I sent a picture to the hubby and he was like what are those below it. So I had to get him an apple turnover also around $5.

The cruffin was amazing and I'm glad I did not have to share. The salted caramel topping did make it a bit sweet but it was still delicious. I wish I took pictures of the layers but I was too busy indulging. It was sugary, flaky, and very sweet. The perfect dessert.

The hubby said his apple turnover was very good as well but wasn't sure he'd spend $5 on it. I thought the prices are bit high but then again I'm cheap. However, I understand the cost of ingredients and being a local independent café the prices are reasonable. Would I get a sweet treat after every book club, no. would I splurge every once and a while sure. 

Now that I have tried a cruffin and have a brunch date scheduled next month for a croffle, I need to find a cronut in the area. We may had a cronut in Nashville at Five Daughters Bakery, they called the 100 Layer Donuts so close enough. I will gladly try another one. Stay tuned to see how I like the croffle and if you know where I can get a cronut, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment