Wednesday, December 4, 2019

6277. See Phantom of the Opera

When my friend asked if I wanted to see Phantom of the Opera with her a few weeks ago, I jumped at the opportunity (after a quick check of the calendar). Since she had Family Circle tickets, it was much cheaper than the Lion King.



I fell in love with the music of Phantom of the Opera back in high school when we played The Music of the Night. It was such a wonderful piece.



Phantom of the Opera is a forlorn love story. The phantom in an old Paris opera house is in love with a young starlet who falls for the arts benefactor instead. The phantom tries to keep the girl by his side while benefactor tries to foil the plan. I am just glad we didn't sit under the chandelier because I probably would have screamed when it fell.



The musical was wonderful even all the way up in the Family Circle. The scenery, the costumes, the music it was all amazing. Sitting up high you were able to see the working of the sets a little more than you could down on the floor. The only downside of sitting upstairs is I had a hard time hearing the cast at times. The sound didn't project all the way to the back very well.




It was a great show, a great evening out with a friend, and a nice Christmas present to myself. Who knows what 2020 will bring to the theater but it may be hard to top 2019.. Lion King and Phantom.

No comments:

Post a Comment