Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Hubby Goes to the PAC

Mark it on the calendar... The hubby saw a performance at the PAC and it wasn't a concert or sports related. I picked up a FAN Pass to see an one-act show about Medal of Honor Receiptants. I just kind of left the FAN Pass hanging on the fridge without saying much. The hubby said he wanted to go. I picked up our tickets and let book club know I wasn't going to be there.



The show we saw was Beyond Glory which was a one-man show about several Medal of Honor Receipents. According to Google Books "In Stephen Lang’s theatrical adaptation of Larry Smith’s book Beyond Glory: Medal of Honor Heroes in Their Own Words, Lang presents the stories of eight veterans from World War II, Korea, and Vietnam, rendering firsthand accounts of the actions which resulted in each of them receiving the nation’s highest military award, the Medal of Honor. BEYOND GLORY gathers these men together in the present to look back on the defining moments of their lives and to examine the meaning of courage, duty, and, ultimately, humility."



I thought the show was really well done. Stephan Lang protrayed each of these men using costume changes right on stage -- adding or removing a military jacket. Each of the men told his story of how he joined the military and what he did to earn the Medal of Honor. Like many receipents, these men were humble about the honor and believed they were just doing their job.

The hubby didn't really say about the show except he is not really into live theater. He did comment on how small the PAC really was and how comfortable the seats were. That is really all he said besides the security measures in place. I honestly don't think it was his cup of tea but he probably tolerated it enough.

I am glad that I decided to go back and get the FAN pass for the performance. It was an enjoyable show, even if it was hard to hear him at times. I like the theater prefermances but rarely have anyone to go with. I am glad the hubby was able to join me even if it was totally out of his element.

No comments:

Post a Comment