Thursday, October 26, 2017

#906 See the World's Largest Round Barn

This is one of those random things on the bucket list that I have absolutely no clue how or why it ended up on the bucket list. The only thing I can think of that it's in Wisconsin. Yes, I happen to like to see weird things but I have to admit this one is truly baffling.

The World's Largest Round Barn is in Marshfield at the Central Wisconsin Fairgrounds. I figured this would be one of those stop and snap a picture things. However, when the hubby and I were looking at things to do on our way up to Timm's Hill, I mentioned we could see the World's Largest Round Barn and he asked me if they did tours. After a quick Google search, I found out yes they did tours and I was able to get us one.

Photo courtesy of Google


The Round Barn was built in 1915 and is still in use. It is the cattle barn during the Central Wisconsin Fair. The design helps keep the barn cooler.




Our tour guide was new and really wasn't very informative. She gave us a pamphlet and told us to look around. Since I was not expecting to take a tour of the barn, getting inside of the barn without going to the fair was good enough for me. It is quite impressive.






If you are ever driving through Marshfield, I would suggest you check out the World's Largest Round Barn -- even if it's just for a photo op. It's one of those been there done that. I wouldn't mind seeing it at the fair all decked out in red, white, and blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment