Thursday, September 14, 2017

Baseball Stadium Tour 2017: Miller Park

We try to get to Miller Park at least once every year since you gotta go see your home team. Because of the hubby's schedule, our trip to Milwaukee usually has to wait until September. We had our date all picked out and then MillerCoors had to go buy 15,000 tickets and give them away. One of the dates was the date we wanted to go and I told the hubby to be online to get tickets at 9 am. When I check my e-mail later at work, not only did we have tickets for Wednesday but he bought tickets for Monday night too. I guess when they were free he couldn't pass up the deal. Me, I'm over baseball at this point and wasn't feeling 2 more baseball games. Oh well.. I put on my big girl panties, Brewers sweatshirt, and went to cheer on the Brewers.



I was impressed on what the Brewers did to Miller Park. They upgraded the concourse. It is more modern and less industrial at least on the main level. There are new concessions including several AJ Bomber locations and a frozen custard stand. They opened beer gardens spaced out around the concourse so everyone can get their favorite brews. I even saw some seating areas to eat around the concourse.





There are also new statues around the park.. these might have been here before but I just noticed them.






Since the Bud Selig was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame, the Brewers honored him with The Selig Experience -- a short movie about how Bud brought baseball back to Milwaukee. Even if you are a not a fan of Mr. Selig, if it wasn't for him Milwaukee may not have a baseball team and we'd all be Cubs fans. The movie was fantastic and once it was over, there was a mini museum of Selig and Brewer treasures. I am really glad we stumbled upon this experience and I know the hubby really enjoyed it too.




Monday night we sat up in the family section in Terrace Level. It was nice not having beer vendors hawking beer all night. The view was great... the game wasn't. McCuthen got things started for the Pirates in the first with a home run and the damage continued there. I didn't help that the Brewers only had 3 hits all game.






Tonight we sat in the Loge level down the first base side. Again the seats were good. The game was much better. The Crew ended up winning -- keeping them in the pennant and wild card race.






Yes I may have grumbled about going to two games in a week but it was the first time either of us have been to multiple games in a series. It was kind of fun. We will keep going to Miller Park as the schedule allows every year. Who knows what changes the Brewers make during the off season....

No comments:

Post a Comment