Thursday, July 11, 2024

Seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales

 One of the local news station announced that the Budweiser Clydesdales were coming to Green Bay as part of a cross-country tour to raise money for Folds of Honor. I joked to the hubby that too bad he wasn't at Bayport Thursday night as the Clydesdales were going to be at the Festival Foods in Saumico. We could have stopped. Then I saw they moved that stop to the Festival Foods in De Pere. I can totally drive to De Pere to see horses. 

The Clydesdales were to be at the De Pere Festival Foods from 4-6. I wanted to go to a library event in Little Chute at 5 so it was perfect. 

I got up there around 3:40. There were plenty of people already hang out in front of the store. Not a lot but enough. I found a nice shady spot to stand and within 10 minutes the Budweiser truck was pulling in.


It took them about 10 minutes to get the truck in place and the horse out. Yes.. Horse.. as in one horse. Not the whole team. That might had to do with it was like 85 out. I really don't know but I was kind of bummed that it was only one horse. It was still a Budweiser Clydesdale so there's always that.


The Clydesdale was not a full grown horse. It was only a little taller than me and he didn't have a nice set of fur boots yet. 

I decided to wait in line to get my picture taken with the Clydesdale. It only took about 20-25 minutes. The line would have probably moved faster if it was better organized. It was not completely chaotic and everyone was nice about it. 

I talked to one lady who was older than I was. She said she was telling her daughter about seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales and her daughter was like "what? You are going to see a horse?". Her mom was the it's the BUDWEISER horses. She had no clue. That is said. They are iconic. 

If you get the chance to see the Budweiser Clydesdales, do it. They are beautiful horses and just one of those things you should see. Yes, going to Warm Springs Ranch, home of the Budweiser Clydesdales, is on my bucket list. I'm just bummed we couldn't have seen them deliver beer to the various establishments with the beer wagon the next night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment