Tuesday, March 5, 2024

1203. Go to the Sugar Bowl in Scottsdale

 Every time we go to Old Town Scottsdale, I am like I want to go to the Sugar Bowl. Even Brenda Novak, one of the author's I follow, has spoken highly of this place. We usually hit the Old Town Scottsdale in the morning or early evening.. neither time we are hungry for ice cream. Jokingly I told the hubby we could have ice cream for lunch from the Sugar Bowl before going to the Giants game and he agreed.

Sugar Bowl is an ice cream shop in Old Town Scottsdale. It's been around since the '50s. It is open daily from 11-10 with the kitchen being open from 11-8. 

You walk in and it has the old school ice cream parlor feel to it. We sat at the counter. There are also several tables and booths scattered through the long building. The bathrooms are single stall bathrooms so you could be waiting for the restroom by someone's table. Luckily it was pretty empty when we were in there.

The ice cream menu is quite extensive everything from cones to shakes to sundaes and specialty creations. They also serve sandwiches and salads. It was ice cream for us. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted. I wasn't overly hungry but I wanted to try something unique. 

The hubby went with a butterscotch sundae. He got a cherry so I could have it. 

I went with a chocolate mint soda. It even came with extra seltzer on the side. The hubby was surprised I finished it all. It was amazing. Not quite as good as the one from J. Lauber's Ice Cream Parlor but that was lime not mint. I'm sucker for a good ice cream soda.

It was a good choice for lunch as it was light and refreshing. We just then needed beverages at the game. Saved us some money on food at the game. 

Sugar Bowl is a happening place the later in the day you go so it is best to go for an early lunch or mid-afternoon snack. The sandwiches looked good to. I'm sure we will be back on a future trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment