Sunday, November 19, 2023

Completing the Alphabet Book Challenge

 One of the reading challenges people were doing in the Friends and Fiction Facebook Group was the alphabet challenge. The challenge was to read a book that started with each letter of the alphabet A-Z. At the end of October, I decided to see how many letters I managed to read so far this year. It turns out I had 4 letters left K, Q, X, and Z. Since I already read Sue Grafton's alphabet previously, I had to find other books that started with those letters.

Between my kindle and the Libby app, I managed to find 3. I put the 4th on hold at the library. I finished the challenge a few weeks later.

Here are the books I read this year for the alphabet challenge

A -- All Summer Long by Dorothea Benton FrankB -- The Breakaway by Jennifer WeinerC -- The Cloisters by Katy HaysD - Dear Carolina by Kristy Woodson HarveyE -- Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura DaveF -- Forever, Interrupted by Tara Jenkins ReidG -- Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer CloseH -- The House of Eve by Sadeqa JohnsonI  - Iona's Iverson's Rules For Cummuting by Clare PooleyJ -- Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina LaurenK-- The Keeper of Secrets by Julie ThomasL - Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie GarmusM -- Mastering Art of French Murder by Colleen CambridgeN -- Now is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin WilsonO -- One Summer In Savannah by Terah Shelton HarrisP -- The Perfumer of Paris by Alka JoshiQ -- Quick and Dirty -- Stuart WoodsR - Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van PeltS -- The Spectacular by Fiona DavisT -- The Twelve Dogs Of Christmas by Susan WiggsU -- Unladylike Lessons in Love by Amita MurrayV -- Vinyl Moon by Mahogany BrowneW -- The Women -- Kristin HannahX -- XOXO by Axie OhY -- Yours Truly by Abbey JimenezZ -- Zoo by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge

When I created this list, I tried to pick the one of the most recent books I read that started with each letter with a few exceptions. Some books were such amazing books that I had to share them. 

My favorite was Remarkably Bright Creatures. Girls in White Dresses was probably my least favorite.

I challenge you to the Alphabet challenge. You can choose to do it in a year or maybe it will take you two or more years. Next year, I think I want to do a middle grade or picture book Alphabet Book challenge. There are some really good picture books out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment