Friday, June 10, 2022

One Last Mihm's Burger

When I heard that Mihm's was closing at the end of the month, I knew I needed one last Mihm's burger. The hubby likes Mihm's but is too busy this time of the year to indulge. So instead Rosie and Tara joined me.

Mihm's Charcoal Grill in Menasha is a hole in the wall burger joint that has been around since the 1950s. They serve true butter burgers a slab of real butter on top of the butter. The owners decided to retire and no one has bought the place.. yet. So as of June 25th, they will close their doors forever. And gosh darn it, I was going to get one last burger.

Rosie beat Tara and I there and secured our name on the wait list. Since they are crazy busy and have a teeny tiny dining area and no place to wait, you give them your name, go wait outside, and they will call your phone when either your food is done (to go orders) or your table is ready. We lucked out. It was only a 5-10 minute wait for counter seats. I feared the worse on a Friday night after a coworker had a 30 minute wait during lunch the week prior.

Mihms has no menus. You order off the sign above the grill. I had a cheeseburger, cheese curds, and a milkshake. I even got the hubby a burger to go. 

The wait for our food was about 40 minutes. While we caught up, I also watched the small, dedicated staff do it all. It was about 4-5 person operation. If you are seated at the counter you can watch them cook your food as well. No hidden kitchen in this place. 

The food was as good as I remembered. I thoroughly enjoyed my last Mihm's burger. 

I will be sad to see them go. Well me and a whole lot of other people. Hopefully someone will buy it and re-open it. Until that happens we will all have to reminisce about our Mihms burger. Maybe it will become stuff of legions and lore. Hopefully not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment